Remnants of the Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let us unite in darkness, against our common foes.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Filavandrel

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Filavandrel application

Exact OOC name: Just as you may want to call me – Fil most probably
Full IC name: Filavandrel aen Fidhail from the Silver Towers
Race & gender: Elf, male, beginning levels
IRL age, gender & nationality: Russia, Moscow. Male, born on July 5, 1981
Some info about yourself: I have been looking for an RP guild with a proper taste of magic and arcane.

Character background.

My name is Filavandrel aen Fidhail, descendant of the noble Feleaorns from the White Ships, those elves who populated and inhabited the world. MY world. Because this one seems to be different.

I had been a loyal counsellor and adviser of Franceska Findabair aen Shiadal, High Mage and Queen of the Free Elves. The Elven race had suffered a lot from the human expansion and finally was torn apart by the last wars between the Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard Empire. Those elves who survived the conflict but did not want to assimilate with the humans in their noisy, dirty towns and castles, went to the East, over the Blue Mountains and united in the Kingdom of the Free Elves under the royal rule of beautiful and powerful Franceska.

Being my Queen’s adviser, I had a lot of things to work on, including the things concerning magic, and I had to deal with Nature magic in particular. These studies did not go too far, especially compared to the High Arcane magic our queen mastered. But sometimes I was involved into such researches.

The last thing I saw in my world was the strange purple flashes… And the moonshine. I participated in the magical experiment led by our mages which was concerned with Space and Time issues. I was not involved deep into the studies, I was just told that a great mystery of ruling over not only the main three dimensions (which is well known to any mage as a portal creation skill) but over the Time, the fourth dimension, could be uncovered. But I felt that the experiment began going wrong from the very beginning. I am not sure what was the cause of the accident but suddenly it was clear that the things’d gone bad. And finally I came to my senses in the place I have never seen or known before.

This was a wonderful, living wood, resembling me the Brokiloen. But I realized that everything was different. Though I saw some elves who helped me get to their dwellings, I could see that everything around me – from the architecture to the small buzzing flies – was completely different from what I saw during my entire life. And I finally began to realize the consequences of the failed experiment.

Firstly I came to the deep depression but afterwards something changed. The elves were very friendly and helpful, and their language seemed to be not so different as I thought for the first time. They helped me to recover my health and by that time I could speak and understand them well enough to start learning about this world. The new one.

As I could see, my former magic skills were mostly lost, but one elf, a young druid, told me a lot about their beliefs and Nature magic. I realized again that a lot of things he told me about were pretty similar to those I had known before. So it was not too difficult for me to start learning again and recover my skills.
After I first visited Darnassus which was the capital of the elves I met, I heard that there was a group of magicians and scientist known as The Arcanum. I was also told that this group is very powerful, but rumor had it their powers come not from the humanistic ideas. I felt I must get to know the mages from the Arcanum. To have a talk to them, at least.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra
Admin
Xariandra

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Amazing writing skills and imagination, definately accepted! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://remnants.forumotion.com

Application
Page 1 of 1