Remnants of the Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let us unite in darkness, against our common foes.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xariandra
Admin
Xariandra

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions.   Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:16 pm

I've noticed nobody posted anything at all here for two weeks since I made it, yet ingame people complain to me about website, RP events, etc... If you want something to change, post something constructive here. This can be for anything.

Last edited by Xariandra on Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://remnants.forumotion.com
Yvielle

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions.   Suggestions. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:17 pm

Ok, I have a few suggestions I’d like people to look at, meaning I’m going to harp on endlessly about subtlety, as I often do. Seems we’ve had a few cultists raising hell in Goldshire and being rather dismayed to find that they’re very unpopular as a result. Xariandra’s working very hard to keep the guild going; we’ve had some enjoyable events and good RP. Obviously I have no problem with the events in Duskwood or with us showing our true nature under the right circumstances (aforementioned events etc.) and most of us have latched on to the idea that some form of disguise is a good idea when on Cult business. It's very useful to be able to avoid trouble with the authorities, it means you can do a lot more to benefit the Cult, be it spying, influencing others, keeping an eye out for potential recruits, etc.

This has all turned into a rant that will no doubt antagonise everyone, that wasn’t the intent and I’ve tried to keep it constructive rather than whingeing. All I was hoping for was that some of us could just tone it down a bit, keep everything that bit quieter (in public, anyway). After all, the secret evil you cannot see is much more frightening than the obvious evil trying to stab you in the face in the Lion’s Pride. I cannot see the Scourge tolerating its mortal minions getting into all sorts of trouble and giving the game away, they’re much more useful undercover! If you want someone dead, why not put your innocent, not-a-cultist-honest face on and try to lure him or her somewhere quiet? Then their friends aren’t around to help, hopefully there are no witnesses and you can go about your everyday business without being pestered by guards and other irksome do-gooders after the deed is done!

I’m not naming names or anything, the point of this isn’t to single out anyone, it’s just that I’d like the darker side of things to be more hidden, personally. Feel free to disagree, that’s just my opinion. I reckon being in a secret hidden cult can be awesome, much more fun than being chased by an angry mob. If you like the more obvious style I guess that’s up to you, it’s your head that might get chopped off, not mine. My main gripe is that this style of RP not only lands your character in deep trouble, but also is frowned on by many players. I don't want the Cult getting a bad rep when it's a great guild! I have no other complaints to make and I do realise this doesn't necessarily apply to all of us.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra
Admin
Xariandra

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions.   Suggestions. EmptySat May 31, 2008 1:16 am

Very nice post, and I completely agree. But some members just cant leave it
Back to top Go down
aralon

aralon

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: My Suggestions...   Suggestions. EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Ok I got a few suggestions.....

1) More RP happening, I believe there is too much space between each RP event and some may lose the track of what has happened.

2) Planned RP stories. This is being done but just want to point out to more of it, gets less confusing.... Also to make a part of the forum where the story is updated of what has happened at RP events to even new members know what is going on.

3) A certain rank should be doing recruiting and advertising (being both the GM and the speical rank). I know it sounds like the Militia but its a good idea and keeps everything in note.

4) Weekly updates on the website for what has happened in the past week i.e. New members, what has been talked about at meetings etc.

5) The higher ranking people in the guild should have there own meeting where they talk about promotions, next event etc..... (simply to put it, its both OOC and IC meeting).

6) People being more quiet and not to casue to much bother..... I did it....I got banned.....That was just doing it through whisper, dont get caught doing in /s or you can bring the guild down with you. Remember you are part of the guild, what you do and say effects what people think of the guild.

7) Last one of my awesome ideas ^_^ i think there should be a uniform for when we are doing cult activity, for example all black or somthin I dont know, just makes it seem more organised in my view.

These are idea's I was going to use for my guild but then I found out there are gonig to be an NPC in WOTLK so I wasnt going to bother (it was going to be The Silver Hand).
Back to top Go down
Xariandra
Admin
Xariandra

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions.   Suggestions. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:04 pm

aralon wrote:
Ok I got a few suggestions.....

1) More RP happening, I believe there is too much space between each RP event and some may lose the track of what has happened.

2) Planned RP stories. This is being done but just want to point out to more of it, gets less confusing.... Also to make a part of the forum where the story is updated of what has happened at RP events to even new members know what is going on.

3) A certain rank should be doing recruiting and advertising (being both the GM and the speical rank). I know it sounds like the Militia but its a good idea and keeps everything in note.

4) Weekly updates on the website for what has happened in the past week i.e. New members, what has been talked about at meetings etc.

5) The higher ranking people in the guild should have there own meeting where they talk about promotions, next event etc..... (simply to put it, its both OOC and IC meeting).

6) People being more quiet and not to casue to much bother..... I did it....I got banned.....That was just doing it through whisper, dont get caught doing in /s or you can bring the guild down with you. Remember you are part of the guild, what you do and say effects what people think of the guild.

7) Last one of my awesome ideas ^_^ i think there should be a uniform for when we are doing cult activity, for example all black or somthin I dont know, just makes it seem more organised in my view.

These are idea's I was going to use for my guild but then I found out there are gonig to be an NPC in WOTLK so I wasnt going to bother (it was going to be The Silver Hand).

The idea of an uniform is very appealing and I will most probably implent it in the nearby future. Also, I'm willing to give more guildmeetings but I'd need more officers to lead some guildmeetings aswell then. And we need more members to post on the forums :/
Back to top Go down
mavius

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions.   Suggestions. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 pm

more members posting on the forums is a good point
Back to top Go down
Drevix

Drevix

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions.   Suggestions. EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 3:05 pm

I was thinking about an abillity that every higher ranked member has to obtain. As an IC exam to proof they can mean something to the guild. This can happen trough some sort of ritual the person that is trying to proof himself organises himself. And OOC it'll be proof they have a wild imagination making them good RP'ers. Also this not only stimulates creativity, it also gives a little more personality and something people will know you by. And it makes RP a bit more interesting and hopefully more often. Because frankly, I think RP should be a daily. Ofcourse no godmote stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.noxa.net/lordomega
Sponsored content

Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions.   Suggestions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Remnants of the Shadow :: OOC :: Suggestions-
Jump to: